Apply Now: 14 Women for Africa Foundation Visiting Senior Research Fellowships in Spain, 2018
Brief Description: The Women for Africa Foundation is calling applications from African Women to apply for its half-year Visiting Science by Women program Fellowship to be taken at different Centers in Spain.
About the Host Institution: The Women for Africa Foundation is a private institution established in 2012 by previous VP of the Government of Spain, María Teresa Fernández de la Vega, with the point of adding to the improvement of Africa through its ladies. From that point forward, the Foundation has propelled twelve tasks in the zones of instruction, monetary improvement, wellbeing, and learning and ladies strengthening.
Keeping in mind that in order to be qualified, applicants must have a strong knowledge of English.
- Level of Study: This is a six-month visiting senior research fellowship for 14 experienced African women researchers.
- Study Subject: The preferred areas of research include:
- Health and Bio-medicine
- Energy, Water, and Climate Change
- Agriculture and Food Safety
- Mathematics, Information and Communication Technologies
- Economic Science
- Physics and Materials Sciences
- Scholarship Worth: In summary, the term of the examination stays will be six nonstop months. Contingent upon individual and expert needs, and with the endorsement of the host research center, the arranged research might be part of two remains within two years after the partnership has been granted.
Effective applicants will approach the accompanying advantages:
- Return departure from their focal point of inception to the host organization
- Living remittance of 2.400 Euros net for each month to cover convenience, individual cost and wellbeing and word related mishap protection scope.
- Recipients must give themselves completely to explore at the doled out research focus and may not be recipients of some other cooperation, give, stipend or consistent pay amid their exploration remain. Recipients may be requested to formalize their association with the exploration focus in composing. In agreement with the neighborhood laws, the Women for Africa Foundation or the examination focus (all things considered) will, if so required in every specific situation by the expense or potentially government-managed savings administration, hold or withhold the necessary sums from the living remittances. Ladies for Africa Foundation, in a joint effort with the examination focus, will assist recipients with the mandatory conventions so as to acquire the visa with Spanish Embassies and Consulates. The Women for Africa Foundation emphatically debilitates last recipients to bring their families, since we can’t guarantee any monetary, calculated or managerial help for families.
- Number of Scholarships: These fellowships are available for African Women.
- Application Nationalities: About 14 fellowships are available.
- Scholarship/Study to be taken in (Country): Scholarship can be taken at the following centers in Spain. Each center will host 1 researcher.
Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), Barcelona Graduate School of Economics (GSE), Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), Vall d´Hebron Institut de Recerca (VHIR), Institute for Neuroscience (IN), Kronikgune Research Center, Biocruces Bizkaia (BC), DeustoTech, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO), Institute of Health Carlos III (ISCIII), Donostia International Physics Center, Material Physics Center – Centro de Física de Materiales (MPC-CFM), Repsol, Principe Felipe Research Center (CIPF).
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: These fellowships are available for African Women:Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Entrance Requirements: The Women for Africa Foundation applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Being a woman
- The nationality of an African country.
- Ph.D. with at least 3 years of post-doctoral professional experience
- Contractual relationship with a university or a public or private non-profit organization based in Africa dedicated to significant scientific research in the areas indicated
- Excellent academic record and proven track of relevant research experience
- Solid working knowledge of English
- Proven experience leading a research group
Beneficiaries of the first, second and third edition are not eligible. Candidates must have already identified research groups in the host centers to confirm that their proposed research can be carried out in collaboration with those research groups and, when needed, in their laboratories.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have a strong knowledge of English.
How to Apply: Only applications for the Women for Africa Foundation submitted in English via the Science by Women microsite at www.mujeresporafrica.es will be accepted. They must include the following documents:
- Letter of Interest (max. 1 page)
- Full curriculum vitae
- Fully filled form
- Brief but concise description of the project to be developed in the Spanish host center (max. 2 pages)
Applications Deadline: September 30, 2018