All applicants are required to to show proof of English Language proficiency both written and spoken.
About The Host Institution:
The Department of History, Classics and Archaeology has a long and distinguished tradition as an international centre of excellence, known for its research and teaching strengths across a broad range of historical periods and cultures.
- Level of Study: Birkbeck HCA PhD Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the Department of History, Classics and Archaeology.
- Scholarship Worth: The three-year award(s), which come from a generous alumnus donation, will start in October 2018. The awards cover fees at the full-time home/EU rate for MPhil/PhD degrees (£4195 in 2017/8), in addition to an annual stipend set at Research Council rates (£16,553 in 2017/8, including London Weighting).
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship to be taken in the(Country): UK
Eligible Countries: Non-UK/EU students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applications from non-UK/EU nationals will be considered, but any such applicant would have to cover the differential between Home/EU and non-Home/EU student fees
English Language Requirements: Applicants for the Birkbeck HCA PhD Scholarship need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply:
All prospective applicants are strongly advised to first make informal contact with a potential supervisor before submitting their application. Please consult the information about PhD study in the Department. Prospective students should send the completed HCA studentship application form.
At the same time, they must also apply online for a full-time place on the MPhil/PhD programme in the Department of History, Classics and Archaeology. If you are a prospective student, your application cannot be considered if you have not applied for a place.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018