French Embassy Scholarship Program For South African Masters and PhD Students
Brief Description: French Embassy hereby welcomes application from eligible South African graduates for the 2018/2019 French Embassy Scholarship program for Masters and Doctorate Degree Studies. This scholarship is open to students form all fields of study most especially those in the field of Science and Technology.
About The Host Organisation:
Since 2011, the French Embassy has invested over 1.5 million euros in South African student mobility and has sent around 180 South African students to complete their tertiary degrees at elite French Higher Education Institutions. The French government has supported just under forty students during the academic year 2016 /2017 with their Master’s and Doctorate degrees. Some of the scholarship holders will continue with their studies in 2018/2019 at the French Higher Education institutions while others will return as France Alumni ambassadors to invest their acquired skills in South Africa.
- Level of Study: French Embassy Scholarship is available to pursue Master and Doctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Applications from all academic disciplines, especially science and technology, will be considered for the academic year starting in September 2018.
- Scholarship Worth: The French Embassy scholarship can completely or partially finance the annual tuition fees, health insurance and Schengen visa fees for selected applicants. The round-trip airfare and monthly stipend towards living expenses can further be covered. Co-funding opportunities are strongly encouraged to strengthen the collaboration between South African and French institutions and the public and private sector.
- Applicants Nationality: South African students
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship/Study to be taken(Country): French Higher Education institutions
Eligible Countries: South African students are eligible to apply for the French Embassy Scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Candidates must read the information leaflet for the relevant call to establish their eligibility for the call.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Master Applications
7 attachments in PDF format clearly marked (i.e. Name Surname CV). Jpeg, Word, or any other format will not be accepted.
- Fully completed and signed the application form.
- Certified copy of passport.
- Certified copies of all degree certificates and academic transcripts, chronological according to date of completion (both for complete and incomplete qualifications).
- Curriculum vitae (no longer than two pages).
- Motivation letter (no longer than two pages).
- Acceptance letters from 3 academic institutions in France (if you have not yet been accepted, proof of correspondence with the institutions will be required indicating that you have commenced the application process).
- The internet links of the three academic institutions indicating the tuition fees of the three selected courses.
Joint PhD Applications (Submit applications via e-mail: pretoria_bourses-at-campusfrance.org)
Application format: Students are expected to submit the following (scanned or saved in separate PDF files only, clearly marked):
- Fully completed and signed application form
- Certified copy of valid passport
- Certified copies of all degree certificates and academic transcripts (both for complete and incomplete qualifications)
- Motivation letter (no longer than two pages)
- Curriculum vitae (no longer than two pages)
- Outline of research project (no longer than two pages)
- Supporting letter from a supervisor in South Africa 8. Supporting letter from a supervisor in France 9. Copy of the “co-tutelle” agreement between the South African and French university
Application Deadline: March 20, 2018