Ghent University PhD Scholarship For Students From All Nationalities- 2018/2019
Brief Description: Do you need a PhD Scholarship to study in Belgium? You are hereby welcomed by UNU-CRIS to apply for the 2018/2019 Ghent University PhD Scholarship for Research Students. Students from all Nationalities can apply for this scholarship.
All applicants should be aware that this scholarship is highly competitive. Therefore we advise that applicants should submit an excellent and outstanding proposal to gain a competitive advantage over others.
To be able to determine the proficiency of someone’s knowledge of Dutch or English, Ghent University uses the Common European Framework Reference for Foreign Languages. There are six foreign language proficiency levels and is a basis for the recognition of language qualifications.
About The Host Organisation:
The UNU-CRIS has the mandate to contribute to actualising the universal aims and obejectives of the UN and UNU through comparative and interdisciplinary research and training for a better understanding of the processes and consequences of intra- and inter-regional integration. The aim is to act as a think tank that generates policy-relevant knowledge about new forms of governance and cooperation and to contribute to capacity building on issues of integration and cooperation, particularly in developing countries.
- Level of Study: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: UNU-CRIS welcomes in particular proposals that fit one of its research programmes, but other proposals that relate to the UN and its goals could also be considered.
- Scholarship Worth: The amount of the scholarship is approximately € 2.070 per month, depending on the family status of the scholar. Based on the advice of the Research Council, a bench fee of € 7.440 (€ 310/month) will be awarded to the supervisor per term of 2 years.
- Applicants Nationality: All nationalities
- Number of Scholarships: Two PhD scholarships are available.
- Scholarship to be taken in (Country): Belgium
Applicants for the Ghent University PhD Scholarship are expected to meet the following criteria;
Eligible Countries: Ghent University PhD Scholarship is available for Students from all nationalities
Entrance Requirements: the following requirements are necessary and mark as a criteria for eligibility:
No restrictions on nationality or age. Only for candidates with excellent study results during the entire study career.
English Language Requirements: To be able to determine the proficiency of someone’s knowledge of Dutch or English, Ghent University uses the Common European Framework Reference for Foreign Languages. There are six foreign language proficiency levels and is a basis for the recognition of language qualifications.
How to Apply: Click here to find all information about the application procedure and all the application forms. To apply for a doctoral scholarship with the UNU-CRIS label, your project proposal will need to be supported by an official statement by the Director of UNU-CRIS, Prof. Madeleine Hosli. For more information, please contact Pascale Vantorre (pvantorre-at-cris.unu.edu) with CC to Ewout Ramon (eramon-at-cris.unu.edu).
Application Deadline: May 8, 2018