Higher Education Authority Postgraduate Scholarship For International Students in Ireland- Apply Now
Brief Description: International students are welcome to apply for the 2018/2019 Higher Education Authority Postgraduate Scholarship program in Ireland. This scholarship is open to undertake a postgraduate research study in any field offered in the University.
Applicants are expected to show English language proficiency at higher level. As regard this, all applications must be written in English Language.
The Irish Research Council through the Higher Education Authority Postgraduate Scholarship aims at enabling and sustaining a vibrant research community in Ireland by supporting excellent researchers in all disciplines from arts to zoology.
About The Host Organisation:
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) is the authority in Ireland with responsibility for higher education since 1968 and placed on a statutory basis in 1971. The authority is responsible for the funding of Irish universities, institutes of technology and other third level colleges. The Chief Executive is Tom Boland. The Chairman of the Authority is Michael Kelly.
- Level of Study: Higher Education Authority Postgraduate Scholarship is available for pursuing postgraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Worth: The total value of the Employment Based Programme Scholarship, will be up to a maximum of €24,000 in any approved year for the duration of the Scholarship and will consist of the following:
- A contribution of €16,000 to the employment of the Scholar.
- A contribution of up to a maximum of €5,750 to Scholarship fees (including non-EU Scholarship fees). In the event of any differential between this contribution and the institutional fee, this must be paid by the Scholar and/or HEI and/or Employment Partner. Scholars who hold a fee waiver from their HEI, or where no fee is required, or where fees are paid in full or in part by a third party, must inform the Council and the appropriate offices in their HEI and will not be eligible for the fee portion of the Scholarship.
- Eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum to enable the scholar to carry out the research project. Please see Appendix III for guidance on what is considered an eligible direct research cost.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship to be taken in (Country): Ireland
Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply for the Higher Education Authority Postgraduate Scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Scholars must fulfil the following criteria:
- Must not have applied more than once to the Scheme and at the time of application:
- Be a new entrant to the degree for which they are to receive Council
- Funding and have been formally accepted by the relevant department/school by, at the latest, 1 st October 2018; or
- Fulfil the criteria in Clause 4.5 if already registered and part of the degree has been completed. and in the case of
- Research Masters Scholarships, not currently holding or having previously held a Council Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Degree Scholarships, not currently holding or having previously held any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would enable them to obtain a Research Masters Degree.
Scholars from any country may hold a Council Postgraduate Scholarship.
However, Scholars must:
- Maintain her/his principal residence in Ireland (as defined) during the period of the Scholarship.
- Satisfy the State’s regulations on immigration and have the support of their HEI and Employment Partner with respect to these regulations and requirements if not a national of a member state of the European Union (EU). This must be completed in advance of signing a contract with the IRC.
English Language Requirements: The candidate for the Higher Education Authority Postgraduate Scholarship should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Applications (including an academic supervisor, employment mentor and referee forms) will only be accepted through the online application system.