Rs 2,00,000 IFA Museum Research Fellowship For Indian Students- Apply Now
Visvesvaraya Industrial & Technological Museum (VITM) in conjunction with The India Foundation for the Arts (IFA)Bangalore hereby welcomes application for the 2018/2019 IFA Museum Research Fellowship. The duration for this program is one year.
The essence of this fellowship is to support curators, historians, visual artists, researchers and other creative practitioners with prior curatorial experience and a strong interest in research and working with museum collections.
The India Foundation for the Arts (IFA) is a national, non-profit, the grantmaking organisation that supports the practice, research and education in the arts in India. Established as a public trust in, IFA is headquartered in Bangalore.
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2017.
- Course Level: Fellowship is available for curators, historians, visual artists, researchers and other creative practitioners.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of arts, science and facilitate interdisciplinary practices
- Scholarship Award: Each fellowship provides an honorarium of Rs 2,00,000/- for a duration of one year. A separate budget will be provided for the final outcome (exhibition and outreach activities).
- Nationality: Indian applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship
- Number of Scholarships: Number of fellowships is not given
- Scholarship can be taken in India
- Eligible Countries: Indian applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be curators, historians, visual artists, researchers and other creative practitioners
How to Apply:
- Your application must include:
- A brief description of an exhibition and public programmes you could develop from the collection at the VITM. The description should include your vision, approach and possible outcomes of the programmes. The intention is to give us an idea of how you would like to approach this project.
- A letter of interest explaining how you would benefit from this Museum Fellowship. Please identify aspects of your practice that you think will be honed and further developed during the course of the Fellowship.
- A brief description of a project you have been involved with as a curator, arts practitioner or researcher. Please include documentation of the project including six to eight scanned or printed images with titles and dates, DVD (maximum duration of four minutes), catalogues, artworks, performances, or reviews.
- Your curriculum vitae.
- Please address your application or any queries by email.