2018 RBC Black History Essay Competition in Canada- APPLY NOW
The Royal Bank of Canada (“RBC Royal Bank”) hereby announce that Application is still ongoing for the 2018 RBC Black History Essay Competition in Canada. The essence of the Black History Month is to expose Canadians to the experiences of black Canadians and the vital role this community has played throughout our shared history. Application received after the submission deadline will not be accepted.
The RBC Black History Essay Competition is designed to encourage students to learn about and celebrate the important achievements that black Canadians have had in their community. The Competition is only open to grade 12 students who are legal residents of Canada.
Deadline: Friday, December 1, 2017.
- Subject: RBC Black History Essay Competition
- Organization: Royal Bank of Canada
- Languages: English
- Deadline: December 1, 2017
- Requirement: Grade 12 students, legal residents of Canada
- About Organization: The Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) was founded in 1864. Today, it is the country’s largest bank and financial institution, and one of the 20 largest banks in the world.
- The mission of Organization: The Royal Bank of Canada purpose is to help young people develop leadership skills and appreciate the value of teamwork in the pursuit of common goals, to foster care for their community and the environment and to promote thrift toward strengthening the social.
To be eligible, the Essay must be:
- The Competition is only open to grade 12 students who are legal residents of Canada, are applying to a Canadian post-secondary school and plan to attend in the 2018/2019 academic year.
- The original work of and written by the entrant as its sole creator/author.
- Employees, representative or agents (and those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of RBC Royal Bank, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising/ promotional agencies, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, judging or fulfillment of the Competition are not eligible to enter.
How to Apply
To apply, the applicants write and submit an essay (no more than 750 words in length) in response to the following question:
“How have black Canadians helped to define Canada’s diverse heritage and identity through their achievements and contributions to the broader society?”
- The Essay must be about the described topic, must contain no more than 750 words and must conform to the Essay format guidelines below in order to be eligible for the Competition. Limit of one (1) entry per student.
- Submitted as an MS Word file only.
- The Essay may be in English or in French and, if in French, the translation will be provided by RBC Royal Bank for the judges if required.
- Limit of one (1) entry per student.
Submissions must be emailed to- RBC Black History Month Student Essay Competition, blackhistorymonth-at-rbc.com.
Motivation of the Contest
It’s so important for today’s youth to understand the shared role in building this country that will help form a panel that chooses the top essays. “Writing an essay on this important topic is a great way for students to learn more about some of the incredible people who took action and helped to make a difference in Canadian history.
There will be a total of 30 scholarships awarded, including three grand prizes. Scholarship funds will be administered by the Toronto Foundation for Student Success. Each winner will have to show proof of acceptance to a Canadian post-secondary institution prior to receiving the scholarship funds.
- First prize: $5,000 scholarship
- Second prize: $2,500 scholarship
- Third prize: $1,500 scholarship
- 27 Additional prizes: $500 scholarship each
From the above competition, it concludes that it will help Student Success in need. They help nourish students, addressing issues of poverty, hunger and poor nutrition and their effect on education. They continually search for new ways to help children overcome barriers to success in school.
For more information, you may visit the given link: http://www.rbc.com/essay/