Fully Funded University of Adelaide Global Leaders Scholarship for International Students (Mostly African Students) in Australia – 2019/2020
Brief Description: The new Fully Funded University of Adelaide Global Leaders Scholarship for International Students (Mostly African Students) is available for students commencing in 2019 only. This scholarship is open to citizens of any country (except Australia and New Zealand).
The 2019 University of Adelaide Global Leaders Scholarship is highly competitive awards that reward commencing undergraduate and postgraduate coursework international students (Mostly African Students) who have demonstrated academic excellence in previous studies.
About the Host Institution:
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s most prestigious universities and is renowned internationally for excellence in education and research.
- Level of Study: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate coursework.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are available for study in any discipline (some exclusion applies).
- Scholarship Worth: The scholarship offers full tuition fee for the minimum standard full-time duration of the scholar’s chosen undergraduate or postgraduate program. The scholarships provide a tuition fee waiver of the scholarship value for the duration indicated in the scholarship award letter for study at the University of Adelaide. The scholarships do not cover the costs of visas, Overseas Student Health Cover, travel, accommodation, living expenses, books and study materials or any other expenses associated with living in Adelaide or study at the University of Adelaide.
- Applicants Nationality: Open to citizens of any country (except Australia and New Zealand).
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers unknown
- Scholarship to be taken in (Country): Australia
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is open to citizens of any country (except Australia and New Zealand).
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The selection process for The 2019 University of Adelaide Global Leaders Scholarships is competitive, with academic achievement forming the main basis for scholarship selection. As a general guide, the University of Adelaide will consider applicants who have achieved an academic level on par with the following:
- For undergraduate programs: Raw ATAR of 98 OR its equivalent
- For postgraduate coursework programs: A GPA 6.8 out of 7 OR its equivalent
Note: The University of Adelaide Global Leaders Scholarship for International Students Scholarship is for applicants who are eligible for more than one scholarship offered by the University and they are entitled to receive one scholarship (the highest value scholarship award that they are eligible for).
The following applicants are not eligible to receive these scholarships:
- Current University of Adelaide students who are transferring from one program to another prior to successful completion of their program of study (internal transfers);
- Students who are recipients of a scholarship covering tuition fees awarded by a recognized scholarship awarding bodies such as a government ministry or department;
- Applicants for Masters by Research or Ph.D. programs
- Applicants for certain programs; see the scholarship terms and conditions for a list of excluded programs.
English Language Requirements: The University’s preferred accredited English language tests are:
- IELTS(International English Language Testing System) – Academic Test
- TOEFL– internet based and paper based
- Pearson Test of English– Academic
- CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced).
However, the University may accept other evidence of proficiency in English in individual cases.
The majority of language tests and qualifications that meet the University of Adelaide Global Leaders Scholarship for International Students minimum English requirements have a validity of two years preceding the date of application.
Students without the required level of English will need to satisfactorily complete an intensive program of English language before being admitted to the University of Adelaide. The University can arrange an appropriate English language program, Academic English (PEP Pathway) in Adelaide at the University’s English Language Centre. The PEP Pathway provides an alternative entry pathway for prospective students who have received offers from the University of Adelaide conditional upon English proficiency. On successful completion of the PEP Pathway at the appropriate level, students are granted direct entry into the University.
How to Apply:
- Applicants who meet the academic criteria will be automatically offered this scholarship once their coursework application has been processed.
- Scholarship selection is based on academic merit.
- Successful applicants will be notified within 1 to 2 weeks of the scholarship closing date; unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
- 1st Half 2019 (Semester 1, Trimester 1 & 2)
All applications to study with the University must be lodged by the 31/12/2018.
Eligible applicants will be notified by 04/01/2019.
Eligible applicants must accept their offer by the 31/01/2019.
- 2nd Half 2019 (Semester 2, Trimester 3)
All applications to study with the University must be lodged by the 30/04/2019.
Eligible applicants will be notified by 07/05/2019.
Eligible applicants must accept their offer by the 31/05/2019.