The long-awaited Agbami scholarship for undergraduate students is now on. Hence, applications are currently invited by the Agbami co-venturers for Nigeria undergraduate students. The Agbami scholarship is one of the high paying scholarship program available for Nigerian Undergraduate Students. The scholarship has over 10,000 beneficiaries all over the country. The Agbami scholarship program is a renewable one, in the sense that it is renewed every year throughout the study program of the scholars. Though this is only valid provided the students maintain their academic performance.
The Agbami scholarship for Undergraduate students is only opened and limited to students undertaking a course in one of Nigeria’s tertiary institutions. Furthermore, Star Deep Water Petroleum Limited, a Chevron company, and operator of the Agbami field is funding this scholarship program to promote education in Nigeria and help develop the students who will, in turn, fit into the society with their technical know-how and better the Nigeria economy. Thus, the Agbami scholarship program is targetted in national development.
How Much is Agbami Scholarship Worth?
The Agbami scholarship program awards its scholars a renewable sum of amount through the students’ academic program of study. Thus, due to the nature and cost of studying Medicine in Nigeria is greater than any other course, a double price is given to the medical students yearly;
- The Agbami scholarship program pays a renewable grant worth of NGN100,000 for engineering students
- While a renewable grant sum of NGN200,000 is given to medical students
Number of Awardees:
The Agbami scholarship program awards a great number of students every year. Though the number of students awarded yearly is not usually specified. Thought the scholarship award is given to students who are academically sound and passed the scholarship program aptitude test. Hence, the scholarship is been awarded on merit.
The scholarship program is opened to only Nigerian students or any international student undertaking either an engineering or medical undergraduate program in any Nigeria tertiary institution.
Eligible Courses for the Agbamis Scholarship Program:
The scholarship program is opened for students studying any of the under-listed courses ;
- Medicine & Surgery
To be fully eligible for the Agbami scholarship program, the intending applicants must ensure they meet to the understand criteria;
- The student must already be undertaking a full-time Medical or Engineering courses in any of Nigeria’s tertiary institutions (University, Polytechnique and other institutions)
- The student must either be in their first or second year of study (100 or 200 Level). Thus this current scholarship application is available only to students who got admitted in the year 2017/2018. Thus, students that are not in this year of study are not eligible to apply for this scholarship program
- The students must be studying in any of the faculties aforementioned.
- The students in their second year are advised to ensure they have a CGPA of at minimum 3.5 on a 5.0 GPA scale.
How to Apply:
Before considering the application for the Abgami scholarship program, the intending applicants must ensure they have the necessary documents for the scholarship program readily available. Thus, below are the necessary documents required for the application for the Agbami scholarship program;
Getting these documents ready for the Agbami scholarship application involves readily distinguishing the documents and naming them accordingly to avoid mixing up things during application. Thus, making it easy to upload each document when required. Thus, students should ensure they have clear scanned copies of the following documents ready;
- Admission Letter (either JAMB admission letter or University admission letter)
- JAMB Result
- O’ Level Result
- School ID card
- Local Government Area Letter of Identification
- Passport photograph. The passport is not expected to be more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
Thus when applying for the scholarship program, consider using an active GSM number and a working email address that you have full access to. Thus, the qualifying students that will be shortlisted for the aptitude test will be communicated via either of those means. Therefore, the applicants are advised to carefully input their email address and phone numbers.
Follow these Steps to Apply for the Agbami Scholarship Program:
- Go to the scholarship application portal through Scholastica
- Click on the “Register/login” button to create an account or if you are already a registered member login to your Scholastica account.
- For applicants registering to Scholastica for the first time proceed to your email box to activate your account.
- Then to return to the application sit click on www.scholastica.ng/schemes/Agbami
- Enter your registered email and password to log in and upload the required information.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information, and upload required scanned documents.
- Students should ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in the same order. Upload an affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you review all documents after you have uploaded them, this is to eliminate errors during uploading.
- You are advised to upload a passport photograph with a white background.
- After the candidate has uploaded the required details, you are advised to recheck all inputs to ensure the correct details where entered.
- Return to the Home page, click on the scheme you wish to apply and Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- You will receive a notification displayed on the screen you have successfully applied. To confirm Check “My application” under the “My Account” section on your profile account
- Return to www.scholastica.ng, log in with your Email and Password to download your verification profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document for signing and stamping.
- After the verification profile has been duly signed by the head of the department, upload a scanned copy of the signed verification profile, this would be used for verification.
- If the National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and fingerprint capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centers http://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
The application deadline for the Agbami scholarship for undergraduate students is limited to 30 October 2019. Thus, applications will no longer be accepted after Midnight 30th October.
To get more details on the Agbami scholarship and application guidelines, kindly visit the scholarship webpage.