Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust funding for International Students is organized in collaboration with the University of Sheffield for students from developing countries to undertake a master’s program. The University of Sheffield located in Yorkshire England is a public research university in the UK. Thus, the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust funding for International Students was introduced to assist students academically bright oversea students who are short of funds to continue their education at the school. Thus, the scholarship program is fully funded.
The University of Sheffield has a strong and undying commitment to provide funding for students and International development. This is why one of the themes of the University’s strategy is ‘promoting, celebrating and increasing the volume of the work that we do to improve the lives of others through our international relationships, abroad and locally’. In building and promoting this commitment to the University of Sheffield. The school comes together with the Sheffield Institute for International Development and the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust, to offer up to 10 scholarships for over 3 years. The scholarship is targeted at providing funding for international students from developing countries to undertake several courses that are affiliated with the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust funding for International Students to study in the UK has loads of benefits. The essence of this scholarship program is to assist academically sound students to study their dream master course at the University of Sheffield with full concentration and not distracted by any financial factors. Thus the scholarship program covers the following for the winners of the scholarship program;
- The full tuition of the scholars is being covered for the duration of their master’s study at the University of Sheffield.
- The maintenance fee is provided for the students who win the scholarship to cover for accommodation and other living expenses every month.
- The winners of the scholarship will be assisted in getting a visa.
To be eligible for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust funding for International Students, you must be either a national or permanent residence from one of the under-listed countries;
The central African Republic
Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
The Democratic Republic of the Congo
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Papua New Guinea
Sao Tome and Principe
The Syrian Arab Republic
West Bank and Gaza Strip
Eligible Master Courses to Undertake:
To be eligible for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust funding for International Students the intending applicants must have applied and offered admission to undertake either of the under-listed courses below at the University of Sheffield;
- MA in Social Research
- MSc Cities and Global Development
- MA Global and Political Economy
- MA International Development
- MSc in Environmental Change and International Development
- MA International Relations
- MPH in International Development
- MSc in International Social Change and Policy
For intending applicants to be eligible for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust funding for International Students, they need to meet to the eligibility criteria outlined below;
- Candidates must meet the eligibility countries criteria
- Intending applicants must have been admitted to undertake any of the courses earlier mentioned above.
- Applicants must have not have gotten funds from any other organization. Thus applicants should be self-funded fee-paying students. Thus, the student must not be funded by a government, research council, private enterprise, charity or any similar organization.
- Applicants must be classified and known as an overseas student for tuition fee purposes.
- The student must be undertaking a full-time course at the University.
- Note that the scholarship program cannot be combined with any other scholarship program.
Number of Awardees:
The total of 10 students is awarded the scholarship each year.
How To Apply:
Application for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust funding for International Students is done during the application process to undertake the master course. Applicants will be automatically considered for the scholarship. Provided they have received an offer to study one of the eligible courses for the scholarship program. Thus, also are a national of, or permanent residents in, one of the eligible countries stated.
To submit an application for the eligible postgraduate courses for the scholarship program, use the postgraduate online application system link
Applicant’s course application will be scrutiny assessed by a panel of academic judges. They will decide the successful students that will progress to the final stage of the application process.
Students who are selected for the final stage of the application process will be contacted by usually May of the application year. At this point, the candidates may be asked to submit a short personal statement to support their application.
It is assumed that students who do not receive an email May asking to submit a personal statement for the Allan & Nesta Ferguson Scholarship have not been selected for this award.
The final decision for those asked to submit an application will be made by the end of June. After then the award winners for this scholarship program are selected and notified for further steps.
For further details and application procedure for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson, Charitable Trust funding for International Students kindly visit the scholarship webpage.