York University international student scholarship program is open to incoming international students at York University. Thus, the scholarship is only made available to entry students of either undergraduate or postgraduate program. The York University International Student Scholarship Program comprises several scholarship programs ran by the school to assist international students that have high academic excellence.
York University is among the most prestigious schools in Canada. It is the third-largest university in the country. Thus, the scholarship program is applied upon entry of international students. The respective students are expected to indicate the interest of the scholarships program when enrolling for a program in the school.
Any enrolled international students at York University who intend being considered for a scholarship program in the school will be required to fill a student’s financial profile. The York University International Student Scholarship Program was designed to assist to ease financial stress from international students with a good academic background but ca not source fund for education.
What is York University Students Financial Profile:
York University Students Financial Profile is an online platform. This where any enrolled student of the school who intends applying for a scholarship application through. Any students in York university are expected to fill the application form for any scholarship or awards from the school.
They are myriads of benefits in the York University Students Financial Profile. This is because the school provides several scholarships and a bursary for students. Thus, to qualify for any of these programs as an international student you must meet the under listed criteria;
- One must be an international student. Thus, expected to possess a Study Permit to study in Canada
- A student should have enrolled for an undergraduate degree program at the school that commences at the beginning of the academic session.
- An intending student must not have passed from high school for over two years (for the undergraduate program). Also, it must have not studied in any university.
- A student must show excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent
- The intending student must have shown leadership skills through excellence in the arts, sports, other areas of individual achievement or community service.
- The student must have been nominated by their high school (the schools may nominate one student only)
- The student must upload one letter of recommendation.
- candidates must ensure all required documents have been submitted and received in the York application before the application deadline.
Programs in York University International Student Scholarship Program:
York University Automatic Entrance Scholarships:
The York University automatic entrance scholarships are targeted to international students who just finished their secondary education either within or outside Canada. The scholarship is given on merit and no application process is required for this scholarship program. To be eligible for this scholarship program, the student must have attended a secondary school that uses the Canadian curriculum.
Benefits of the Scholarship Program:
The York university automatic entrance scholarships are awarded reference to previous academic performance. The scholarship is been based on the final admission average. The scholarship award is renewable provided that the students maintain good academics record.
- 95%+ (42-45 IB diploma points) — $4,000 (renewable for 3 additional years)
- 90-94.9% (36-41 IB diploma points) — $2,500
- 85-89.9% (33-35 IB diploma points) — $1,500
- 80-84.9% (30-32 IB diploma points) — $1,000
For more details about the York university, automatic entrance scholarships kindly visit the scholarship webpage
The York University Talent Entrance Scholarships :
The York University talent entrance scholarships are targeted to students with great artistic talents. It is majorly for students in the school of arts, media, performance, and designs. The is no application procedure for this scholarship. The only thing in considering the beneficiaries of this scholarship program is audition and evaluation required in the faculty in the school. Intending applicants for this scholarship program are only to fill the student financial profile to put them set for consideration.
The Benefit of the Scholarship Program:
A grant worth $1,000 is given to winners of this scholarship program.
Also, Check: Scholarships in the UK for International Students
International Student Entrance Scholarship for Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies
The faculty of liberal arts and professional studies international students entrance scholarship is targeted at students for liberal Arts & Professional Studies applicants. The scholarship award requires no application except for the financial student’s profile. The award is given to incoming students in the faculty with high academic performance.
Benefits of The Scholarship program:
- Students who score between 90% to 94.9% in GPA will receive $2,000
- While students who score higher than 95% will receive $3,000
Columbia International Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies Entrance Scholarship:
The Columbia international faculty of Liberal Arts and professional studies entrance scholarship is targeted to incoming international students in the faculty. The scholarship program is awarded purely on merit bases. Thus, the nomination of winners is based on academic grades on entry. Application is also done through the financial student’s profile.
Benefits of Scholarship Program:
- A scholarship worth $1000 is given to students who scored higher than 95% in the admission grade point.
- scholarship worth $500 is given to students who scored between 90 – 94.9% in the admission grade point.
York Science Scholars Award:
The York science scholars award is awarded to entering students in the faculty of science at York University. The scholarship is awarded on consideration with other factors apart from academic achievement. The student must demonstrate eagerness for their study as well as zeal in helping in the community. The student must 80% in the admission grade point. Thus the payment of the grant to students is split into two parts. The first is at the entrance half of the payment is given to the student. While the completion is given after twelve weeks of experiment on the student’s expositions.
Benefits of the Scholarship Program:
The scholarship total worth of $10,000 is awarded to students eligible for this scholarship program. Though the grant is not usually given once to students.