BioMatrix Mike Hylton Memorial Scholarship 2018/2019
Brief Description: The BioMatrix Mike Hylton Memorial Scholarship was founded by Mike Hylton (1945-1998) who was a man of great character and steadiness. Mike Hylton faced some of the most physically daunting and mortal challenges that people with severe hemophilia could encounter. During the blood crisis of the 1980s, Mike met the challenges with class and a concern for others not only in the bleeding disorder community but also those affected by HIV. He was a thoughtful, analytical and spiritual individual – patient and tolerant of others, but certainly willing and capable to express his opinions and beliefs. While some felt it was more important to speak, he knew that it was more effective to listen. Mike found great comfort in his faith and family.
This scholarship is strictly for men with disabilities. Females, DO NOT APPLY, whether under false pretences or otherwise.
- Men must study full-time
- Must be a US Citizen. For men who are not Us Citizens, do not apply for this scholarship.
- GPA must not be below 2.5
- Restricted to male students
- Restricted to applicants that have physical disabilities
For the BioMatrix Mike Hylton Memorial Scholarship, the following is required:
- Application form to be filled for the BioMatrix Mike Hylton Memorial Scholarship, and;
- Essays must be completed and cross-checked before the scholarship can be granted to the selected ones.
To Apply for the BioMatrix Mike Hylton Memorial Scholarship, do contact:
HFA Office Manager
Telephone Number: (202) 675-6984
Address: 820 First St NE Ste 720
Washington DC, DC 20002
$1500 scholarship for MEN with hemophilia or von Willebrand Disease and their immediate family members.
Application Deadline: August 1st, 2018
Kindly register before the 1st of August, so as to be considered.