Florence Gould’s Pasteur Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship, France, 2018
Brief Description: Florence Gould Foundation is putting forth one Pasteur Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship for the year 2018. This cooperation is accessible to young US researchers who want to proceed with their scientific training and seek after their exploration advantages with a long research commitment in a lab of the Institut Pasteur (IP) in Paris.
About the Host Institution: Set up in 1993, the Florence Gould Foundation is committed to French-American trade and fellowship. Since 2002, The Florence Gould Foundation has been a dedicated partner to the Pasteur Foundation, filling in as a pioneer funder of the Pasteur Foundation’s Post-Doctoral Fellowship Program. The Institut Pasteur is a private, non-benefit establishment. Its central goal is to encourage anticipate and treat ailments, fundamentally those of irresistible inception, through research, instructing, and general health initiatives.
- Level of Study: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: In 2018, the Florence Gould Foundation awards one postdoctoral fellowship to young US scientists who desire to continue their scientific training and pursue their research interests with a long-term research commitment in a laboratory of the Institut Pasteur (IP) in Paris.
- Scholarship Worth: Fellowship net income is 2,850 €/month. It corresponds to a gross salary of around 3,750 €/month, the difference is for covering social benefits (national health care, health insurance, retirement, and unemployment).
- Applicants Nationality: Available to US citizens.
- Number of Scholarships: Only one fellowship is available.
- Scholarship/Study to be taken in (Country): France
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available to US citizens.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants for a Pasteur-Gould Foundation Fellowship must meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be citizens at the time of application.
- Applicants should have identified their host laboratory on the IP campus in Paris before The Pasteur Foundation program does not consider applications without a host lab.
- Candidates must have completed their Ph.D. prior to taking up the postdoctoral award. Applications submitted prior to the defense of the Ph.D. research will be considered. In general, fellows should have received their Ph.D. within the last 4 years in order to qualify for a Fellowship.
- Applications from Post-doctoral fellows already working in France at the time of application will not be given first priority.
- The host IP laboratory can only endorse one application per session, and fellowships will not be awarded to the same laboratory in two consecutive calls for candidates.
- The proposed research program must be achievable within the three-year funding.
English Language Requirements: Candidates for the Pasteur Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship whose first dialect isn’t English are generally required to give proof of capability in English at the more elevated amount required by the college.
How to Apply: The documents listed below should be e-mailed in one single PDF file.
- Completed Pasteur-Gould Foundation Application form
- Presentation letter from the host IP lab head
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s passport or ID (pages showing your photograph, identification, and citizenship).
Applications Deadline: September 10, 2018