Opportunity for African Student at Yale Young African Scholars Program is a tremendous chance for secondary school African students can partake in. This is a free eight days program hosted by Yale University for African students to partake in and learn better ways to confront the future. This is a great opportunity for African students intending to further their tertiary education abroad. In the program, the students will be enriched with several academic skills and even expose to several means of securing a scholarship program for themselves to further their undergraduate program abroad.
The Yale Young African Scholars program will be held in three different places at different time intervals. During this eight-day program, the students will be engaged with available mentors who will assist them throughout the university application process. Thus, this program is going to ease application protocols encountered by students wishing to undertake a course abroad and also assist the participants in acquiring a scholarship program for their studies. All expenses are necessary for this program to be successful will be duly covered for the participants. Thus, this is a fully-funded program.
This opportunity for African students was made possible by Yale University. The University is one of the oldest in the US. It is a private university that is situated in New Haven, Connecticut. The University is keen on helping and promoting the lives of students especially for those that are from underdeveloped countries.
Benefits of the Yale Young African Scholars Program Opportunity for African Student:
- Secondary school students in any African country is to benefit from this opportunity for African students.
- The program is fully funded. Thus, all costs for the program will be covered by the institution. The lodging fee, meals, and tuition for the program.
- The program is an eight days program and will be held three times at different venues. This is so in order to benefit several African students.
- The program will expose African students on how schooling really seems abroad and also assist them in securing a scholarship program for themselves as they intend to undertake an undergraduate course abroad.
In order to be eligible to apply for the Opportunity for African Student at Yale Young African Scholars Program 2020, students must meet to the under-listed criteria;
- Intending applicants must be at least 14 years to be considered for the scholarship on or before 12 February 2020
- Intending applicants should be able to communicate in the English language and also able to undertake academic tasks in English.
- The students must also meet the eligible countries’ criteria. Also, refugees that live in any African country are eligible to apply.
- The student must currently be attending a secondary school in Africa.
- Students who will be graduating from secondary school before August 2020 are not eligible to apply.
Eligible Field of Study:
The Yale Program for young scholars is open to any secondary school student that has dreams of continuing education Abroad.
The program is open to all African countries. Thus, students from any African country are eligible to apply.
To apply for Yale young scholars program kindly follow the steps below;
- First and foremost make sure you review the eligibility criteria
- Make sure you have all the necessary documents and components required for the application. Example of a complete student profile for the Yale young scholars program must contain;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent academic records
- Persistence and determination when facing challenges
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- A desire and ability to work cooperatively with peers
- The capacity to analyze, read, and reflect on large quantities of difficult material in English
- High standards of personal and professional conduct
- Demonstrated maturity and interest in engaging in discussions about intellectual, moral, and political matters in Africa
- Review a blank pdf of the application form and get prepared for filling the application.
- Visit the application link and apply it.
- Ensure you provide a valid email address and contact information for updates.
- Review your application before submission. After then submit your application.
The application deadline for the Yale young scholars program is by 11:59 pm EST on 12 February 2020.
For the application process visit the scholarship webpage