The University of Warwick is awarding over £3.2 million of scholarships for intending Ph.D. students every year. Thus, the University of Warwick is one of the world’s standards universities located in England UK. The University is well known for her excellence for innovation, in teaching and research, and for affiliations with business and industry. Thus, every year. the University of Warwick, host two scholarships for postgraduate students. The first is for home/EU students. While the other is for international students from around the world.
The University of Warwick chancellor’s international scholarship is mainly awarded based on merit and is a fully-funded scholarship program. In other words, the scholarship program was initiated to support international students with high academic performance to undertake a postgraduate course of their choice at the University of Warwick. Hence, the scholarship is open to incoming graduate students of postgraduate students in the first year of study at the University of Warwick. The scholarship program is applicable for intending full-time and part-time applicants on the meeting of the required criteria.
Benefits of the University of Warwick chancellor’s international scholarship:
The University of Warwick chancellor’s scholarship program is a fully-funded scholarship program. Thus, there are loads of benefits for every winner of the scholarship program;
- The scholarship award will cover the full payment of the tuition fee of the winner. To study any of the postgraduate courses of his choice at the University of Warwick. The fee rate is usually around worth £22,860.
- The cost of living is covered. A regular maintenance stipend is given to the winners for living expenses. The allocation of the stipends is usually in line with the UKRI rate which is usually £15,009 for full-time holders of the award.
- The scholarship awards run through the scholar’s study program at the University of Warwick provided he maintains academic excellence. The length of the postgraduate program in the university is usually 3.5 years. Though, if the student is already in the first year of study, a reduction will be made in the award.
Number of Awardees:
Every year, the University of Warwick Awards over 24 students the Chancellor’s international scholarship
To be eligible for the University of Warwick chancellor’s scholarship program, students must;
- Applicants eligible to pay Overseas fees, applying for a full-time Ph.D. or MPhil course at the University of Warwick, expecting to begin in Autumn;
- Students paying Overseas fees currently enrolled in a Ph.D. or MPhil program at the University of Warwick in the first year of their registration only;
- Ph.D. applicants must be applying, or have already applied for a place at the university to make a scholarship application. As the application for the scholarship program is done on a single combined application form is used for the application for both admission and the scholarship;
- The intending applicants must have scored or be expected to obtain at least an upper second class honors degree (or equivalent) from a recognized institution of higher education before 31 July of the application year. For further eligibility criteria on the respective departments, students are advised to contact their prospective department for further details about the qualification expected.
The scholarship program is open to international students. That is students who their nationality is outside the UK or EU union. Students from the UK/EU countries are not eligible to apply.
How To Apply:
They are two application procedures to apply for this scholarship program. The first is for the incoming students enrolling for a course at the University of Warwick. While the other is for current postgraduate students who are in their first year of study.
- New applicants enrolling for a postgraduate degree program at the university can apply for a Chancellor’s International Scholarship by completing the Joint Postgraduate Admissions and Scholarship Application form. Thus, if the student is eligible for this scholarship they will be asked if they would like to be considered for funding as part of your application to the University. If the answer is positive, s YES at this point and you will be invited to complete further information that will form the basis of your application for this Scholarship.
- If you are in the first year of your Ph.D. or applied before 1st August 2018 and would like to be considered for this Scholarship to fund the remainder of your studies please complete the Single Scholarship Application form.
- The Application deadline for every year’s competition is usually around mid-January each year.
- All the supporting documents required for the application both references and transcripts must be uploaded by or before the deadline at the latest.
Please note no late applications will be accepted.
For further details regarding this scholarship and its application process kindly visit the scholarship webpage.